Hashify # Your Post
It all started when a twitter user named Chris Messina tweeted on Twitter with the pound sign “#” in August 2007. He said he used it to categorize the word and make the search easier for users. From then on twitter started using hashtags, and now we see it everywhere. He’s credited as the godfather of the hashtag.
A hashtag is a word or a phrase preceded by pound sign “#”, which is used to identify specific posts on social media. It is a way for a user to find, follow or share their content on social media for a specific conversation or a topic. Hashtags are mainly used to draw attention or promote something.
Hashtag rules are different for different platformsHashtag is a key strategy for your social media posts
Hashtag for Twitter
- Make sure to not add space or punctuations in a hashtag. “#GetReady” cannot be written as #Get Ready. #Get is the word that becomes searchable
- Do not use more than 2 hashtags in a post
- Avoid using general hashtags
- Use hashtags that are relevant to your conversation or post.
Hashtag for Facebook
- Keep it simple and relatable. Avoid using general hashtags.
- The lesser the hashtags, the more productive your post is
- Use hashtags to identify a topic of conversation
- Use hashtags in your sentences to make it more meaningful
Hashtag for Instagram
- When your profile is private and you share a post with hashtags, it won’t appear publicly on the hashtag pages.
- You can use as many as 30 hashtags on a single post.
- Always place the hashtags below the main caption
- Make sure to research well before adding in any hashtag.
- You can only tag your own posts. You can’t tag other people’s photos/videos.